Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Winds of Change.

I'm been changing up my laundry routine, and am currently doing some hard water research. When we first moved in here I noticed that the grocery store [Moncians] sells Calgon, a laundry additive for hard water. To me that's a good indication that I live in a hard water area. But I didn't have any issues with my laundry. My soaped sudsed up fine, and I didn't have stink issues or anything else.

But in the last week that's changed, my diapers don't smell clean when they get out of the wash, though they smell fine out of the drier. I upped my detergent but I'm still playing around a bit to try and get the right amount.

My oldest is potty training now. I'm conflicted about training pants, in a way I don't think I need them but then I think one or two pairs would be handy for when we're out and about. She wears panties most of the day, unless she decides not to tell me she needs to go. I've been accepted into a Bummis training pant beta test but they had a draw back and the diapers won't be out for another month or so. I will update you all on my decision when I make it. Probably by the end of the month..

No comments:

Post a Comment