Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Washing

We started out washing in Sunlight Sensitive, not my best moment but I was using what was available. My routine consists of a hot soak with vinegar or oxyclean, then a hot wash cycle with 1/4 scoop of Nature Clean detergent. If I have a lot of Poop diapers I do an extra rinse cycle. I use a top loading washer.

Shortly after I switched to Nature Clean I noticed a bad rash on Ace. I assumed it was yeast, I treated it as such but to no avail. Finally I figured it out. The starting detergent I'd used contains enzymes that mixed with the ammonia in her pee and gave her chemical burns. On top of that [literally] she got Impetigo.

We stripped, and stripped and stripped. Hot wash cycles, one with blue dawn dish soap, the rest with vinegar or baking soda. Finally I stopped seeing bubbles, the dreaded Sunlight was stripped out. I also line dried, the sun kills bacteria and also helps bleach out stains.

At the same time, L started loosing weight. Our small diapers were starting to leak because of it. I had to double stuff to get a good fit. Poor girl. I bought another perfect size diaper. I should have bought XS but I was optimistic and didn't want to buy diapers she'd grow out of in a month. It took two months to get her gaining again. I still wish I'd bought at least one XS.

She looked so tiny in them:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment