Saturday, November 28, 2009

It's no secret I can get overwhelmed when my husband goes away. My diaper laundry can suffer for this. While I've finally found and over night solution in Goodmama diapers, I've been fighting a smell in my PUL for about 2 months. I finally found a detergent solution that doesn't cause mad rashes in Tide Free. That's right, pretty easy to get because it's Tide and I end up trying it last. I was worried my search was still on with this smell thing but that's where the overwhelmed comes in. I Like to wash my diapers every second day, putting me at about 10 diapers a load. When my husband is away I end up waiting until I OMGHAVETO do the diaper laundry (4-5 days) which really is a big nono. I did a small load today and the smell is gone. I gotta stay on top of this stuff. Especially since I have enough diapers that it's easy to get behind.

Aislyn only wears diapers at night and going out. I'm going to pick up some training pants in January while we visit my parents. I just can't help stopping by Nurtured, I'll be stocking up on biodegradable liners [how did I ever live without these?!] and possibly getting some Allens soap to try.

Speaking of NS, my parents don't have a washer, and my aunt does not have a drier, so being winter I won't be able to use my cloth. Thanks to the awesomest lady on the internet I'm going to use gDiapers. I was really hating the idea of filling their trash with diapers, and having the diaper stink fill the kitchen every time the can is opened. So all I have to buy is the flushable inserts and my wicked awesome beautiful friend will be sending me her medium gpants. I will give a full report.

Onto the Goodmamas! I bought their AI2 and one of the OBV fitteds. GMs are one size diapers and fit is very versatile. My chubby legged skinny bellied two year old fits awesomely in the same diaper that fits my 10% 10 month old. I've also bought two packs of their Cloth Wipes. If you're considering cloth wipes, these are the ones I suggest getting. I am in love with them. I want to make a nest out of them and never leave.

Lets get diaper specific;
The [Hot] One:
Photobucket

I love this diaper, I selected the Good Front as my free extra, though more often or not I use it with the fitted diaper. Both are wonderfully absorbent on their own but I do plan to order a few more Good Fronts [one per diaper]. The is not as good overnight as the Fitted good mama I ordered but as a during the day or nap diaper it's fantastic. I plan to order at least one more of these to replace an out grown diaper.

Botany Bender OBV Fitted:
Photobucket

LOVE this diaper. I was very resistant to spending upwards of 30.00 on diaper. But so many Mama's brag these up. I have another print coming to me and I plan to order two more so that my Kissaluvs are replaced. Even without the Good front this is an awesome overnight diaper. With the good front, on a two bottle [20oz] night, the outer layer of the diaper was dry, I could have put her to bed without a cover, I was flabbergasted! The Skull Candy print is on it's way and I'm on the lookout for Berry Camo.

Action Shots:
Photobucket Photobucket

Tune in next time for a photo journey through my wash routine and a diaper change.

No comments:

Post a Comment